The content of the article
If modern pregnant women have doubts about the usefulness of quince, in ancient times this fruit was considered to be the symbol of the birth of a healthy and intelligent baby. The fruits were mandatory in the diet of the future mother, as it was believed that they help to make and give birth to the baby normally. To a certain extent, this is true. The hybrid of apple and pear, known as quince or false apple, really has a rich composition that determines the beneficial properties of the fruit.
Useful properties of quince
The positive effects of quinces for mothers and developing babies are the maintenance of many natural compounds necessary for maintaining the body of a woman during pregnancy. Of the main can be identified:
- Vitamins. Representatives of vitamins of group B, including thiamine, riboflavin, cyanocobalamin, pyridoxine, as well as A, C, E, K and some others.
- Micro and macro elements. The quantity depends on the variety of quince, growing conditions, but the main ones are: sodium, iron, magnesium, selenium, potassium, zinc, calcium.
- Acids of various types, pectins, dietary fibers, proteins, essential oils, resins.
In combination with the above compounds, as well as other useful elements and water (about 80%), quince belongs to low-calorie foods, which is also important for a pregnant woman.
What is the use of quinces during pregnancy
If the future mother has no contraindications, regularly consumes high-quality and ripe fruit, then the natural composition of the quince will have the following beneficial effects:
- Helps fight toxicosis and related phenomena in the form of nausea, vomiting. At the same time, quince compensates for the deficiency of vitamins, minerals and other elements.
- Normalization of the bowels, if necessary, can be used as a tonic for diarrhea, taking into account the absence of an infectious focus.
- Prevention of anemia, low hemoglobin. This indicator often decreases during pregnancy, indicating a possible hypoxia of the fetus, a deficiency of nutrients delivered to the cells.
- Natural stimulation of the urinary system, which prevents swelling, contributes to the timely removal of harmful substances from the body.
- Maintenance of blood vessels, including reducing the risk of varicose veins, enlarged veins, and thrombosis.
- Stabilization of sugar, in the absence of serious pathologies.
- Normalization of pressure.
- Removal of toxins from the tissues, harmful compounds, which occurs due to the adsorbing abilities of the unique composition of quince, including pectins.
- Anti-inflammatory effect. A certain amount of fruit pulp is able to fight a number of bacteria that cause diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, oral cavity, and throat.
- Increase the body's resistance, maintaining the immune system.
Quince has a lot of useful properties, they help not only to support the woman’s body during the childbearing period, but also have a positive effect on the development of the future baby.
In order for fruits to truly become a useful supplement to the diet, contraindications must first be excluded, otherwise there is a possibility of harm to health.
Damage to quinces during pregnancy
After eating a ripe fruit, you rarely get into trouble with your well-being, but during pregnancy it is better to exclude all kinds of troubles. Limit the use of quince should be in the following cases:
- Individual intolerance, allergies, even to one of the components contained in the fetus;
- Chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract or pathology in the acute stage;
- Urolithiasis, serious kidney dysfunction;
- Persistent constipation of unknown etiology.
If the above contraindications are not available, then for confidence you can additionally consult with your doctor. It is also important to use quince correctly so that the effect is only positive.
How to eat a quince for good
Initially, you need to choose high-quality, ripe fruit, as evidenced by a uniform yellow color, no damage and a pleasant aroma. If long-term storage is planned, then it is better to pay attention to large fruits.
In its raw form, quinces will not please everyone, as the pleasant aroma is combined with a specific viscosity and acid, which for some pregnant women is a salvation from toxemia.More often fruits are used for making beverages, including tea, compotes, fruit drinks, as well as for making home-made marshmallow, jam, jam and other sweet delicacies.
With prolonged heat treatment, some of the nutrients are lost, so for maximum benefit, future mothers can consider recipes with the least thermal effect on the fruit. To prevent health problems, follow these guidelines:
- You need to choose a quince without raids, rot, damage, otherwise there is a risk of bacteria in the body.
- Pre-fruit is thoroughly washed or soaked in water for 10-15 minutes to remove possible reagents, which are processed fruit for storage.
- Seeds from quinces are harvested, fresh, they are not suitable for food, because they contain hydrocyanic acid. It is desirable to get rid of the skin.
- Even if previously there was no negative reaction to quinces, you need to start with a small amount.
- Approximate daily noma - 200 grams of peeled fruit. Approximate proportions are calculated if the “false apple” is used in the form of jam, jams or desserts.
Despite the exceptional usefulness of quince, the amount of fruit and rules of use should be regulated. Only then can you safely and tasty support the body during pregnancy, without harming the health of the future baby.
Video: Japanese Quince Vitamin Drink