The content of the article
Some prefer to give up nuts during pregnancy because of fears of allergies, weight gain and other unpleasant reactions, although in some cases such actions are unjustified. If you follow certain rules, pistachios can be a useful addition to the diet, filling the deficit of many valuable for the body compounds.
Useful properties of pistachios
The positive impact of pistachio fruit is known worldwide. Nuts are popular in cooking, used for desserts, snacks, as well as for cosmetic and medicinal purposes. The use of the product in various applications is due to the unique composition and pleasant specific taste, recognizable among other types of nuts. Considering the basic compounds that form the beneficial properties of pistachios, the following substances can be distinguished:
- Vitamins.Most of the representatives of the B vitamins, including thiamine, choline, riboflavin, as well as PP, biotin (H), E, and some others, but in a minimum amount.
- Minerals. Pistachios contain a number of essential macronutrients, of which potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, sodium are considered to be especially important. The composition contains trace elements, there are more than 16 items, including iodine, selenium, iron, manganese, and so on.
- Acids, including linoleic, oleic, lutein, fatty acids, antioxidants.
- Proteins, starch, fiber, choline, phytosterols, essential oils.
The combined effect of the natural ingredients that make up the pistachios can be an excellent addition to the diet of the future mother.
What is the use of pistachios during pregnancy
If pistachios are included in the diet correctly, they can be an excellent addition to the main diet of the future mother. Due to its unique composition, nuts can have the following effects:
- Reducing cholesterol, which greatly reduces the risk of thrombosis, the development of problems with blood vessels and blood vessels.Such reactions take place due to the presence of phytosterols and fatty acids in pistachios.
- Cleansing the body, removing toxins, harmful compounds.
- Normalization of the bowels, natural stimulation of peristalsis, prevention of constipation.
- Anti-inflammatory effect. Pistachios, to some extent, are able to reduce swelling and inflammation of tissues
- Reduction of toxicity. It is enough to eat a few nuts and the feeling of nausea can be reduced, hunger can be quenched a bit, since pistachios have a relatively high calorie content and nutritional value.
- Maintenance of the cardiovascular system.
- Improving brain activity, memory.
- Prevention of deficiency of vitamins important for the woman’s body, which are responsible for the general functions of internal organs, skin, hair, eyesight.
- The positive effect of the composition of nuts on the development of the fetus. Due to the receipt of valuable compounds in the baby normally develops the nervous system, organs.
- Regulation of hemoglobin level, prevention of anemia, subsequent fetal hypoxia.
The use of pistachios does not completely eliminate the problems with health and well-being during pregnancy, but it will greatly help reduce the risk of many problems.To do this, it is necessary to observe certain conditions so that the nuts become useful, only then it is possible to prevent the onset of harmful effects that are rarely, but still possible.
The harm of pistachios during pregnancy
The appearance of a negative reaction to pistachios can happen in several cases - individual intolerance or the amount of nuts eaten significantly exceeds the daily norm. Since such conditions can be dangerous during pregnancy, it is important to determine the absence of allergy before consuming it.
For additional security, you can consult a doctor, especially if there are serious chronic diseases, dysfunctions in acute stages. A poor-quality product, for example, spoiled, infected with bacteria, can negatively affect one’s well-being and can cause poisoning.
Regarding the observance of the daily norm, the harmful effect may occur if more than pistachio pieces are eaten, the optimal number is no more than 20 nuts.
How to eat pistachios for use
In order for the pistachios eaten to have only a positive effect on the future mother and baby, the following rules for eating nuts should be followed:
- You need to purchase pistachios by weight or in transparent packaging to evaluate the quality of the product visually. You need to choose the unpurified fruit. Pay attention to the color of the shell, it should be light, shades of beige. No mold, raids, unnatural odors should not be. Ajar nuts are considered to be the best, which means that the fruits are ripe.
- Salty pistachios should be excluded. Although they taste more attractive for pregnant women, such a product can cause swelling.
- Inclusion in the diet should take place gradually to prevent allergic reactions. You can start with 2-3 nuts, and then eat 20-25, but no more.
- It is important to store nuts properly. A dark place is suitable, as cool as possible, some use a refrigerator for this. It will be necessary to eliminate the ingress of moisture, since the nuts will quickly rot, there is a risk of mold.
If you choose a quality product, store it properly, eat it without exceeding the daily rate, then pistachios during pregnancy will help a woman cope with toxemia and support her body in this difficult period. The main thing is not to experiment with your health,If you suspect the intolerance of nuts, immediately consult a doctor.
Video: the useful pistachios