The content of the article
Gel Polish is considered to be the leading product in the field of the nail industry. Every year the composition is gaining more and more momentum, on the basis of which the masters make chic designs. Many girls prefer gel polishes to conventional coatings for a diverse palette and durability of products. In addition to the obvious advantages, gel polishes are used in the field of building. However, there is a reverse side of the coin. After removing the cover the nails become brittle and lifeless, they need to be urgently restored.
Why nails become brittle
- The main reason for the poor condition of the nails after gel polish is considered to be polishing. Before the procedure, the master prepares the nails for applying the composition. It cuts the shiny layer of the plate, making it rough. If the specialist overdoes, the nail will become very thin.In proportion to the remaining thickness, the recovery time also varies.
- After applying the gel, the nails stop receiving nutrients that come to them through the baths, masks, creams, etc. The access to oxygen and sunlight is also completely blocked, which significantly worsens the state of the plate.
- Acetone is also considered harmful, which is used at the stage of gel polish removal. The procedure is as follows: cosmetic discs are moistened in a liquid to remove the coating, then applied to the nails. The impact of the chemical component on the nails is quite long. The master waits until the gel is dissolved by the action of acetone.
Practical tips on nail restoration
These tips are universal, they are suitable for the care of the plate after removing the gel polish or accumulated tips.
- Take the habit of using cosmetic petroleum jelly, it can be purchased at supermarkets or a pharmacy. Every 3 hours distribute the composition with a thick layer on the nails, wear silicone or polyethylene gloves. Soak the mixture for at least 2 hours, if possible, leave the product overnight.In the latter case, wear gloves of their cotton so that the skin of the hands “breathes”.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap. Collect moisture from the nails, then treat the plate with natural oil (vegetable, olive, corn). Rub the composition into the nails, leave for half an hour, remove the excess wipes.
- After removing the gel polish nails strongly exfoliate and break, so exclude any mechanical effect on the plate. Always get rid of the habit of biting off the cuticle and pieces of nails. Otherwise, you will aggravate the already deplorable situation.
- Normalize your daily diet. Lean on protein foods, eat cottage cheese and other jelly, oatmeal and flax cereal, lean meat. Purchase in the pharmacy vitamins for nails (groups A and E), you can also rub badger oil into the plate.
- Wear gloves before wet cleaning the apartment or washing dishes. Avoid exposure to chemicals on your fingers. To prevent the development of fungus in the case of very severe injuries, after contact with water, wipe the nails with a cotton swab dipped in apple cider vinegar.
- A damaged plate needs good nutrition.Get a special hand and nail cream. Before using it, apply lemon juice on your fingertips. Such a move will allow nails to better absorb the composition.
- It is strictly forbidden to do a manicure, namely to use a file, on wet nails. Manipulate only dry, otherwise the natural plate will begin to crumble and exfoliate 2 times stronger.
- Masters of the nail industry recommend to restore nails with the help of special varnishes. These compositions include a series of "Smart enamel." The product is sold in a cosmetics store and a pharmacy. Apply the product in a double layer for 2 weeks. Daily wash the cover, replace it with a new one.
- If possible, do not cover your nails with normal varnish or use a special base as the first (safe) layer. Wear a color coat for no longer than 3 days, always take a break of 1-2 days. To remove the lacquer, purchase a composition without acetone and formaldehyde, the listed components draw moisture from the plate.
- The average duration of nail restoration after removing gel polish is 2-3 months. Therefore, do not count on instant results.During this period, shear free edge, do not grow nails.
Nail restoration baths
- Iodine and chamomile. Pound 65 gr. dry chamomile 200 ml. boiling water, leave for 1 hour. After this period, heat the mixture, add 30 ml. almond oil, 4 ml. iodine and a few drops of any ether. Make a bath for nails, remove your hands after 15 minutes.
- Vitamins A and E. Connect between 45 gr. nourishing cream for hands or face, 40 gr. candied honey, 50 ml. castor oil, 2 ampoules of vitamin A, 3 ampoules of vitamin E. Turn all the ingredients into a homogeneous mixture, pour water until a thick mixture. Dip the entire tips of your fingers or hands, hold for 20 minutes.
- Salt and honey. Pour 800 ml into the pan. water, add 65 grams. honey and a handful of crushed sea salt. Put the mixture on the fire, simmer until the grains dissolve. Pour 50 ml. olive oil and 45 ml. lemon juice. Dip the brush in the composition, wait 25-40 minutes.
- Berries and wine. Heat 200 ml on the stove. red dry wine, dilute drink 450 ml. filtered water, boil for 10 minutes. After that add 100 gr. fresh or frozen strawberries, 50 gr. cowberries. Bring the mixture to an acceptable temperature, grind in a blender to the state of porridge.Send your fingers in the tub, hold for a third of an hour.
- Vegetables and olive oil. Peel the three potato tubers, skip through a blender to get the porridge. Similarly, chop the cucumber along with the seeds and peel, do the same with the tomato. Connect the components, add 60 ml. olive oil, make a hand bath. Rinse off after one third of the hour.
- Lemon and milk. Preheat in a convenient way 1-1,5 liters. fat milk, squeeze out the juice of 2 lemons (you can replace 1 grapefruit), add 80 gr. honey and 50 ml. sunflower oil. Make a bath for nails, after half an hour, rinse your hands with clean water.
- Soda and calendula. Mix 25 gr. soda with 15 gr. salt, dissolve the granules in 1.5 liters. hot water. Add 25 ml. tincture of calendula and 4 drops of lemon balm. Put your fingers in the bath, hold for a third of an hour.
- Citrus fruit. Rinse with water 1 lemon, 2 oranges, 1 grapefruit. Chop the fruit in small cubes together with zest, send in a blender or food processor. You should get a full gruel. Pour in 120 ml. sunflower oil, lower the fingers into the composition (you can brush completely).Perform the procedure for a quarter of an hour.
- Natural oils. Get in a pharmacy Echinacea, brew 45 gr. composition of 160 ml. hot water, insist half an hour. After that, pour in 35 ml. corn and burdock oil, add 15 ml. lemon juice. Cool the mixture to an acceptable temperature, dip the tips of the fingers in the bath. After 20 minutes, wipe off any residue.
- Beer and vodka. Put a glass of beer in hot water to warm up the drink. Pour in 25 ml. calendula tincture, 35 gr. vodka, 145 ml. drinking water. Send the mixture in the microwave, bring to the desired temperature. Make a hand bath, wait 10 minutes.
- Castor oil and tea. Prepare a leaf green tea brew to make 300 ml. Add 60 ml. oil, 45 gr. honey, mix. Dip your hands in the bath, wait half an hour, rinse off with water.
Folk remedies for nail restoration
- Beeswax. Get natural beeswax at a pharmacy or honey store. Melt several cubes of the composition into a liquid mass, cool to an acceptable temperature. Dip your fingertips in the wax, wait until the composition is completely hardened. Wear cosmetic gloves (cotton), leave the composition overnight.Exposure time - at least 8 hours.
- Berries. Take 1 handful of red currants, 30 gr. lingonberries and 20 gr. cranberries. Rinse the berries, fold them in a colander to drain moisture. After that, pass the mixture through a combine or blender, eventually you should get a liquid mass. Add 30 grams. gelatin, wait until the mixture becomes thick. Spread it over your fingers or hands completely, wrap with food film, leave for 45 minutes.
- Biogel. Beauty industry does not stand still. To date, experts have developed many nail restoration programs. One of them is the use of biogel - medicinal varnish. The tool nourishes and strengthens the plate, prevents delamination, leaves the protective film even after removal.
- Paraffin. Buy paraffin for hands in a cosmetics shop, melt 200 gr. product on the steam bath or in the microwave. Cool slightly so that the product does not burn the skin. Dip in the wax of the brush or just the tips of the fingers, wait until the first layer hardens. Do the manipulations 5-7 times to form a thick layer. Wear cotton gloves, wait half an hour, remove the composition.
Follow the practical recommendations, normalize your daily diet, wear protective gloves. Restore nails with the help of cosmetic baths, medicinal varnish, paraffin therapy, beeswax or biogel.
Video: nail restoration after gel polish