The content of the article
With age, many women are confronted with such an unpleasant phenomenon as age spots. At the same time, the skin itself darkens, wrinkles appear - all this significantly spoils the appearance, and it is extremely difficult to eliminate such defects with cosmetic products. But there is a solution: to whiten the skin, give it a fresh look, you can use a lemon. Consider what is the use of this citrus, how to use it properly, and when to make masks with its use is impossible.
Chemical composition and effects on the skin
Both in a peel, and in pulp a large amount of useful substances contains - vitamins, essential oils, amino acids, minerals. They tend to penetrate deep into the cells of the epidermis, with each component doing its job - due to which it is possible to achieve a complex effect when using lemon.
Let us consider in detail what useful substances are contained in this product:
- Fruit acids (namely, galacturonic and malic). They penetrate deep into the tissues, clean the pores, eliminate greasy plugs, due to which they allow to get rid of black dots on the face in a short time and without much difficulty. Also, acids effectively eliminate dead skin cells - create a peeling effect. Substances are widely used in modern cosmetology, and procedures using fruit acids are quite expensive.
- Pectins. Promote rapid regeneration of damaged tissues. Even if there is minor damage on the face, inflammation - pectins will allow to eliminate them in a short time, due to which the complexion is evened out. It is noteworthy that these substances contribute to the rapid sedation of irritated skin.
- Carotene. Eliminates age spots, has a whitening effect. With regular use of creams with the addition of carotene, you can achieve a fresh look, even out skin tone.
- Phytoncides. Just necessary for women who want a long time to preserve the youth of the skin.They saturate with moisture, and in fact it is moisturized skin that ages much more slowly.
- Thiamine Heals small cracks on the skin, effectively eliminates inflammatory processes, and together remove and redness.
- Riboflavin. Enriches the epidermis cells with oxygen, and this factor also plays a big role if you want to stay young and beautiful for a long time.
- Vitamin C. It promotes the production of collagen, is an antioxidant, is also responsible for the release of free radicals. Warns oncological diseases of the skin.
- Flavonoids. Rejuvenate: increase skin turgor, eliminate fine wrinkles.
- Sesquiterpenes. Protect the skin from the negative effects of the environment.
- Hesperidin. Moisturizes the epidermis, makes it soft, smooth, pleasant to the touch.
As you can see, lemon has not only a whitening effect - this citrus will be incredibly useful for women who want to preserve youth and beauty for a long time.
How to use?
First of all, you need to know that it is extremely rare to use lemon in its pure form - as for the preparation of masks,so for the manufacture of scrubs and other cosmetics due to the fact that this citrus can cause skin burns. To get the expected effect, you must first correctly prepare the tool, and then - correctly use it. The fact is that the abundance of vitamin C, as well as fruit acids can adversely affect the skin. Let us consider in stages how to correctly use this miraculous product in order to whiten the skin of the face, eliminate the pigment spots and give the skin a radiant, healthy look.
Stage number 1. Learning to prepare masks scrubs with lemon:
- It is necessary to use not only the flesh, but also the peel - it also contains a large amount of useful vitamins and essential oils.
- Naturally, lemon juice for the preparation of cosmetics must be prepared by yourself - shop juice will not work because of the abundance of sugar and preservatives.
- Before adding juice to a cosmetic, it should be diluted with water - 50/50.
- If possible, use natural ingredients for the mask: homemade eggs or cottage cheese, kefir, honey, fresh greens.
- If you plan to add oil to the mask, it is best to take a cold pressed product. The ideal would be olive oil.
- Before you mix the right ingredients, it is advisable to heat them up - but not more than 40 degrees.
- It is important that all the ingredients from which you plan to make a mask at home are distributed over the face evenly. To do this, they must be thoroughly mixed.
- As soon as you have prepared a cosmetic product, use it immediately. Over time, a mask or scrub will lose all its valuable properties.
Stage number 2. Learning to apply cosmetics with lemon.
- The first step is to check if you have an allergic reaction to the product. To do this, apply a small amount of a cosmetic product on your wrist and wait 30 minutes. If there is no redness, irritation - the tool can be safely used.
- Before you apply a mask, it is desirable to steam the face - the pores will open, and all the useful elements that make up the product can penetrate deep into the fabric. For steam baths, it is best to use medicinal plants: chamomile, calendula, etc.
- Scrub should be applied with gentle massaging movements. If the skin of the face is oily - leave the composition on the skin for 3-5 minutes, a couple of minutes will be enough for dry skin. Rinse scrub to normal running water, after the skin of the face is moisturized by your usual cream.
- If you make a mask - prepare a brush in advance to apply the composition to your face. Make sure that the tool does not fall on the sensitive skin of the lips, around the eyes - you can burn the skin. In order to achieve the desired effect, it is enough to hold the mask on the face for 15 minutes. Wash off with clean running water. You also need to apply to the skin moisturizer - after the procedure, its use will be even more effective.
It is not difficult to prepare masks at home, on the contrary, it is interesting and exciting. The most important thing is to follow the proportions indicated in the recipes and not to keep the composition on the face in order to avoid irritation due to the abundant content of acids in the product.
Consider some of the most effective and popular recipes that are very easy to cook at home.
- To lighten the skin. 30 grams of honey and 2 tbsp. lemon juice. All is well mixed, hold on the face for 15 minutes.
- To eliminate the fat content. 30 ml of lemon juice mixed with egg white. Apply several times - as the protein dries.
- To eliminate dryness. Grind lemon pulp, add a tablespoon of juice, mix with 1 tsp. honey, add 1 tbsp. oatmeal cooked in fat milk. Hold for 10-15 minutes.
Video: face whitening with honey and lemon