The content of the article
Not every foreigner is able to understand the taste and aroma of Russian jelly. Despite this, we love jelly for its delicious smell, incredible benefits and excellent taste. Did you know that brawn appeared in the era of serfdom? In those days, rich people loved to eat plentifully, and often after a meal there was a lot of food left. Since there were no refrigerators, they could not save it. In order to not disappear, they were fed to the serfs. And in order for them not to swear among themselves for the best pieces, the cook dumped all the meat and giblets into the vat, and then tormented the stew on a slow fire. As the story goes, the fire went out in the evening, and by morning the rich soup turned into a persistent jelly. People tried this jelly and were surprised - it was so delicious! So it turned out a real brawn.
How to cook jelly
To cook a delicious jelly, which will not have problems with freezing, you need to follow a few rules.
- For jelly you need to take a large number of bones, chicken legs, neck, tail. Meat can be both chicken and beef, but remember that chicken meat contains a huge amount of gluten. To make the jelly more tasty and rich, combine several types of meat in it.
- All meat pieces should be thoroughly rinsed and placed in a saucepan. Pour water into the pan so that it slightly covers the legs and tails. If desired, meat can be added to the broth, but only slightly, since meat does not produce gluten when cooked.
- Put the pot on the fire and bring it to a boil. After boiling, reduce the heat, so that the contents languish, barely swaying.
- In time, remove the foam and the fat that pops up to the surface. If it is digested, the dish will acquire a rancid greasy taste.
- Boil the future jelly should be at least 3-4 hours. In no case do not pour water into the pan, as this is often the reason that the product does not want to freeze. When water is added, the jelly concentration decreases dramatically.
- A couple of hours after cooking, the meat can be removed and removed from the bone. Well cooked meat itself is separated without much difficulty. Bones need to be thrown back into the pot, and the meat is cut. Be careful - do not allow any small bones to fall into the bowls. At the same time, you can add onions, carrots, bell pepper, a piece of horseradish, salt, and, if desired, garlic.
- After another two hours, try to check the composition for the ability to freeze. Pour some broth into a plate and refrigerate. If the mass has become sticky and sticky, everything is ready.
- Arrange the meat in deep plates and cups. Pour all the broth and decorate with greens. Put the containers in the refrigerator. Cover them with a lid so that the smell of brawn does not spread to other products.
The jelly will begin to freeze in a few hours, but it will be fully ready already in the morning. But sometimes the hostess in the morning can wait for disappointment in the form of liquid uncured aspic. But why is this happening?
Why hasn't the jelly froze
There may be several reasons for this. First, these are not the products. If the broth had a small amount of tails, necks, wings, legs and a lot of top-notch meat, this could be the reason for this outcome.The jelly may not freeze if you haven't cooked it long enough, and the jelly part just did not have time to boil it out of the bones. Jelly does not freeze if there was a lot of water. And it also happens that the refrigerator does not work well and does not cool the contents sufficiently. In this case, the brawn is also unlikely to harden. Whatever the cause of the liquid jelly, the matter can be easily corrected. The main thing is to know how to do it.
How to fix jelly if it is not frozen
If you are overwhelmed by such disappointment - it does not matter. The situation is quite possible to fix. For this you will need some more offal. Some housewives make a mistake when they again boil the uncooked brawn in order to thicken it. They believe that the broth will be thicker and then it will certainly harden. This is not true, such a broth will not harden, since all jelly substances simply die with strong boiling. If the jelly is not frozen, you need to do so.
To begin with, the uncooked jelly must be drained to separate the meat from the broth. We add washed offal to the broth and set to boil for 4 hours.As a result, we get an incredibly rich and strong broth, which will certainly harden. It must be filtered and add the meat that we removed at the very beginning. Put the jelly in the fridge for the final stage of cooking.
How to fix jelly with gelatin
If there is no desire to fiddle with tails and paws a second time, jelly is very easy to fix with the help of gelatin.
- To get started, buy gelatin and dilute it according to the instructions. Typically, a 20-gram pack needs about half a liter of barely warm water. Fill the crystals with water and leave in a warm place to swell. Do not pour hot water over gelatin, otherwise there will be lumps in the mass.
- While the gelatin swells, you need to separate the meat from the broth and pour all the failed jelly into the pan. Heat the composition, but do not bring it to a boil.
- When the gelatin is ready, it should be drained through cheesecloth and put in a thin stream in a saucepan. Percolation is necessary to prevent contact with the mass of lumps.
- Warm the composition, but do not bring to a boil.
- Spread the separated meat in molds, cover with cooked broth and send to the refrigerator.
- Do not send the jelly in the freezer. It will freeze, but will not freeze, all jelly properties will disappear. And if you leave the product at room temperature, it will just spread.
Jellied meat is not only very tasty, but also an incredibly healthy product. In ancient times, it was prescribed as a drug for the treatment of children, the elderly and pregnant women. That gluten, which is digested in broth from the legs and other by-products, is incredibly useful for bones, tendons and cartilage. Therefore, aspic is useful for older people who suffer from pain in the joints. In addition, the resulting jelly is pure collagen, which helps our skin to be more elastic, toned and smooth. This causes the benefit of brawn for women.
In winter, Russian hunters always took braised jelly with them.It was kept in the bark bark and gave strength and vigor. Even in long hikes, brawn saved people from starvation, because it contained a huge amount of vitamins. Today, brawn is not just healthy food, but also a favorite dish of the New Year's table. Love jelly and cook it right!
Video: how to cook jelly without gelatin