The content of the article
Elastic athletic body without folds and cellulite bumps - the dream of millions of girls. But if you tighten the muscles is relatively not difficult, then with the smoothness of things a little worse. It is more difficult to get rid of cellulite than just losing weight or strengthening the body. Are there effective methods to get rid of this trouble?
The concept and appearance of cellulite
Not only girls are familiar with what is cellulite. Few people do not know what the bumps and dimples, similar to the orange peel, are called - the second name for this phenomenon.
Attitudes towards cellulitis are ambiguous both among doctors and other people. Some consider it a variant of the norm, explaining this by the peculiarities of female physiology and hormonal background, because it can appear even in thin and young girls.Others believe that cellulite is a sign of poor lifestyle: unbalanced nutrition, low muscle tone, etc.
If you approach the definition from a medical point of view, then cellulite is a change in the structure of the fat layer associated with impaired metabolic processes and lymph microcirculation.
In other words, it is a blockage of blood vessels in the fatty tissue, as a result of which an insufficient amount of food and oxygen is supplied to local tissues. At the same time, water, toxins and other products of cell activity are not excreted from the body. Because of this, the tissue that connects the fat cells to each other hardens, forming characteristic dimples and tubercles. The older a woman becomes, the more clearly cellulite appears, because changes in the structure of fatty tissue and stresses skin losing elasticity.
Most often, signs of cellulite appear on the thighs and buttocks, less often - on the surface of the abdomen and in the upper part of the arms.
The severity of cellulite
In some women, orange peel is very weakly expressed, while in others it is clearly visible even through thin, tight-fitting clothes.The reason for this difference is that cellulite in its development passes through various stages:
First: characterized by the absence of any external manifestations - in a calm state, the skin is still smooth. But it is worth it to squeeze or pull a fold of skin, as small tubercles become noticeable. At this stage, the volume of the body may increase by 1-2 cm, which is associated with edema and stagnation of fluid in the appropriate places;
The second: the outflow of fluid from the cells becomes worse, the fatty deposits are compacted, the connective tissue becomes harder. Irregularities on the surface of the skin can be easily felt;
Third: orange peel can be seen at any position of the body, due to impaired blood circulation and the infringement of nerve endings by fatty deposits, the skin in these places becomes less sensitive;
Fourth: the skin of the thighs and buttocks is covered with tubercles, pits and bulges. It feels dense and cold to the touch. Due to insufficient blood circulation, its surface becomes bluish.
Causes of Orange Peel Formation
As previously mentioned, an important, but not the only role in the formation of cellulite belongs to the female sex hormone -estrogen.
What other factors contribute to the appearance and development of orange peel in women?
- Improper nutrition. To maintain the metabolic processes is very important to provide your body with essential nutrients. The habit of eating haphazardly leads to the fact that we eat very little protein and fiber, but we eat carbohydrates (especially fast) and fats with excess. As a result, muscle tissue is degraded due to lack of protein, and fatty tissue is growing. The body becomes clogged, digestion deteriorates, and there is a dependence on certain foods, for example, on sweets.
- Hypodynamia. The lack of movement primarily affects the muscle tone, which determines the beautiful contours of the body. In addition, regular exercises increase the level of metabolism, improve blood circulation, help resist stress, increase efficiency.
- Unhealthy habits. This may include smoking, which adversely affects the work of the entire circulatory system and disrupts oxygen metabolism. As a result, the connective tissue becomes coarse, which contributes to the appearance of orange peel.Also does not benefit the body and the use of alcoholic beverages. They are caloric, clog up the body with oxidation products, inhibit neural connections in the brain.
- Diets Passion for hungry and various express diets leads to overweight. With their observance, the body loses glycogen, water and muscle tissue, not fat. Hungry, we start the mechanism of energy conservation, which significantly slows down the metabolism. If after such a diet to return to a normal diet, then the resulting calories will begin to be deposited in fat. Taking into account sluggish muscles and reduced metabolism, cellulite will not slow down to appear.
- Heredity. If your mom has cellulite, then you have to put in a little more effort than other women to keep your body in order.
- Hormone therapy increases the risk of edema and, as a result, hampers blood circulation, which promotes the formation of cellulite.
- Habits that impede blood circulation. These include poor posture, wearing tight clothes and shoes, love for high heels, the habit of sitting, throwing one leg over the other.
How to get rid of orange peel
Demand creates supply, and therefore there are a lot of methods for getting rid of cellulite. Some can be used at home, others - in beauty salons or similar establishments. But only one way to achieve victory will not work: cellulite can be corrected only with an integrated approach to the problem. The basis of success are proper nutrition and sport. The remaining methods should complement them, but not replace them. Otherwise, to fundamentally solve the problem will not work.
Nutrition - the most important component in the fight against cellulite. Approximately 60% of success depends on what is on your plate. Catering must meet the following requirements:
- Balance Meals should include carbohydrates (energy sources), proteins (building material) and fats. At the same time for breakfast should account for the bulk of carbohydrates, and for lunch - a combination of carbohydrates and proteins with a small amount of fat. In the evening it is best to restrict protein and a very small amount of carbohydrates. Should I remind you that cooking is best done by cooking (includingsteamed), baking, stewing and grilling? Also, do not neglect the intake of vitamin preparations.
- Moderation. The average non-sports woman needs around 1500-1300 Kk daily to lose weight safely. For physically active girls, this figure is higher - about 1600-1800 Kk. Lowering this limit will not speed up the process of losing weight, but will lead to exhaustion of muscle mass, loss of water and slowing down the metabolism. As a result, every gram of food eaten will be actively stored in fat in case of such hunger strikes.
- Refusal from diets. Each diet strikes at the state of the body. Whenever we experience a feeling of hunger, our subconscious mind decides that there is little food left and we need to save energy and store all meager food into fat. And if in 20 years the body is still young and easily restores metabolic processes at the end of the diet, then this does not happen with age.
- Reasonable approach. If you can not imagine life without sweet, then you should not exclude it from the diet. Otherwise, you will soon find yourself in the fridge eating the same delicacy in large quantities. How to find a place in the diet of your favorite cakes or buns? First, try to eat them in the morning.Secondly, eating something high in the morning, calculate your lunch or dinner in such a way that the total number of calories fit into the norm. Third, do not abuse. 1-2 days a week is enough when you allow yourself something that is loved but not within the definition of healthy food.
- Sufficient water intake. To maintain the metabolic processes the body needs clean drinking water (about 8 glasses daily). At the same time, carbonated drinks, compotes and other liquids are not included in this volume.
Sport is the next prerequisite for getting rid of cellulite. Without exercise, the muscles loose and sag. As a result, even a small amount of subcutaneous fat looks unaesthetic. And, on the contrary, with the same layer of fatty tissue, the body of an athletic girl will look more toned and elastic.
Exercise also increases basic calorie consumption, because to maintain strong, trained muscles, the body needs more energy, helps to fight stress, increases self-confidence, promotes good mood.
How to start classes? If there is a possibility, then it will be useful to buy a subscription to the gym, where you can find a personal trainer. He will select the optimal training program and help to master the correct technique for doing the exercises.
If there are no opportunities to visit the fitness club, then effective sports can also be organized at home: it is enough to buy sneakers and a pair of dumbbells 3 kg each. Before starting classes, you will have to study a little theory, but this will not be a problem - on the Internet you can find a large number of manuals and recommendations for beginners, as well as ready-made training complexes for various levels of training.
How to get rid of cellulite at home
Massaging problem areas is a popular home procedure, because all you need to do it is a massage cream and about 30 minutes of free time. It is best to hold it after a shower, using special anti-cellulite products (creams or oils).
Massage improves the flow of lymph, increases intercellular metabolism, improves blood circulation and removes excess fluid from the tissues.It is recommended to conduct it in courses of 10-15 procedures with periodicity every other day. Before the massage you need to warm up the muscles. To do this, thoroughly rub the problem areas with a hard washcloth or scrub during a shower. Then a cream is applied on the body, after which the procedure can be started.
It is important that the massage is done from the bottom up! If you are massaging the hips, then your movements should start from the knee and move towards the hip joints and buttocks.
Massage can be done in different ways:
- Hands: apply massage oil or cream on the problem areas and begin to knead them;
- Vacuum cans: “sucking” a can on an oiled or creamy thigh above the knee should be taken up. Then take off and repeat all the way near the same place. This massage is effective, but is contraindicated for people who have problems with the veins and vessels;
- With the help of honey: a popular folk method. It is necessary to apply a thin layer of honey on the problem area, then press the palms to its surface and sharply tear them away from it. After about 5 minutes the process will become more difficult, because palms will “stick” more and more, and the honey itself will begin to acquire a gray tint, and then curl up into flakes. Massage of one zone (for example, hips) takes 10 minutes;
- With use of special devices: vibrating massagers, hand roller massagers, etc.
Wraps help tighten the skin and remove excess fluid from the tissues, due to which body volumes are rapidly reduced. It is best to start them after a shower and skin treatment with a scrub.
The procedure is simple: a wrapping agent is applied to the body, and then the problem areas are wrapped with cling film. You can use as ready-made tools that are sold in stores, and self-made. It is recommended to do wrappings with a course of 10-15 procedures every other day. Strongly recommended during the procedure to play sports!
Most popular and affordable wraps:
- From honey and mustard: mix the specified ingredients (honey should be twice as much as mustard), apply on the skin and wrap all the film. After 30-40 minutes, wash off in the shower. If during the wrap you feel a burning sensation, then you should not tolerate it - there is a risk of getting a small burn. It is better to wash the mixture from the body, and the next time reduce the amount of mustard;
- From cocoa: ordinary cocoa powder must be diluted in boiling water to the consistency of thick cream.When the mixture is slightly cooled, it is applied to problem areas and wrapped with cling film. After 40 minutes, the composition should be washed off, and anti-cellulite cream should be applied to the skin;
- From clay: very effective and inexpensive cosmetic procedure. To combat cellulite is better to choose blue clay. The powder must be diluted with warm water to the consistency of sour cream and immediately applied to the body. Preparing it in advance is not worth it, because clay hardens quickly. After applying the mixture, you need to turn around captive and wear warm clothes or lie down under a blanket. After 30-40 minutes, you can wash off the clay, and apply cream or oil on the body.
The use of essential oils will help to balance the emotional background, to establish the work of the lymphatic system and to remove excess fluid from the tissues. Most often they are used as a supplement to mixtures for wrapping, during self-massage, as well as during bathing, as their use increases the efficiency of the procedure several times.
The essential oils of the following plants have the most pronounced anti-cellulite effect:
- Juniper berries.
In order to organize an aromatherapy session at home, it is enough to add 2-3 drops of any essential oil to the composition for wrapping, and then carry out the procedure as usual.
For the aromabath, the recipe is well suited, based on honey (2 tablespoons) and essential oils of juniper berries, oregano, patchouli and grapefruit (5 drops each). The resulting mass must be added to the water. Take this bath should be 15-20 minutes. In the future, you can experiment with oils, replacing them with others to your taste.
Creams, lotions and oils
Typically, these tools are applied after the shower with massage movements until completely absorbed. It is best to use them twice a day and in combination with other methods. Only cream (lotion) will not have a significant effect on cellulite, but will help to strengthen and moisturize the skin, which will reduce its visible manifestations.
How to get rid of cellulite in the salon
When there is no desire or ability to deal with orange peel at home, hardware methods of influencing cellulite, as well as other procedures offered in beauty salons, will come to the rescue.
This term combines all kinds of procedures, the purpose of which is to bring stagnant lymphatic fluid into active movement, as a result of which the intercellular space is released, the metabolism is normalized, and blood circulation is improved. This leads to the elimination of edema, smoothing the skin surface, reducing the volume of the body and the gradual elimination of cellulite formations.
Lymphatic drainage is carried out in different ways:
- Compression therapy (pressure therapy) - exposure is carried out using special equipment, consisting of a suit and a device connected to it. Air is injected into the suit, causing it to swell and begin to compress the surface of the body. Pressotherapy helps to remove excess water, activate lymph movement and blood circulation, reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Myostimulation is the effect on the muscles of the body by microcurrents through special sensors mounted on the body. As a result of the procedure, the muscles are actively reduced, and the speed of movement of the lymph increases 15-20 times.
- Vacuum massage - it uses a special nozzle, resembling the size and shape of glass jars for colds.It is applied to the problem area, after which a vacuum is created in its cavity and the surface of the body is as if absorbed inside. Then the specialist begins to drive the nozzle on the problem areas of the body. The procedure is effective, but many women note its pain.
- Manual lymphatic drainage is a massage performed manually by a special technique, as a result of which the lymphatic centers are affected.
The essence of this procedure does not differ from its home analogue: a special composition is applied to the cleaned surface of the problem areas, after which the body is wrapped with a film for the duration of the preparation's effect. However, salon wraps give a more pronounced effect, since for them, specially developed professional tools are used: leafy or powdered algae, special oils, chocolate, various dirt.
Another advantage of professional wrappings is a wide range of services in this area. If you wish, you can do the wrapping of the following types:
- isothermal (composition temperature is close to body temperature);
- ice cold
The results of the wrapping procedures are impressive: the skin is tightened and strengthened, the volumes decrease, the edemas pass and the cellulite dimples and bumps are smoothed.
Mesotherapy is the introduction under the skin of microdoses of medicinal cocktails using thin short needles. The cocktails themselves consist of various preparations (vitamins, amino acids, etc.), the combination of which depends on the problem to be solved. Thanks to this method of administration, nutrients reach those layers that conventional creams or lotions cannot reach.
Mesotherapy for a long time used in the treatment of cellulite. Cocktails for injection are chosen in such a way as to reduce puffiness, eliminate congestion, increase intercellular metabolism.
Anti-cellulite mesotherapy is performed by a course of 10-15 procedures, their frequency is determined by the doctor. Usually carry out 1-2 procedures per week. To maintain the effect, it is recommended to repeat this procedure once every two months.
An alternative to salon mesotherapy at home can be a mezoroller - a special device in the form of a roller, studded with thin needles.The device is equipped with a small handle, holding which is convenient to drive a roller on the surface of the skin. However, for safe use it is necessary to properly disinfect the mezoroller, there is also the risk of buying a low-quality fake.
A relatively new way to influence cellulite is ozone therapy. It represents the introduction under the skin of problem areas of the oxygen-ozone mixture through a special nozzle with thin needles of various lengths (from 0.4 to 1.3 cm). At the same time, the sensations are quite painful, and after the introduction of the gas mixture, there is a feeling of fullness, sometimes the puncture site hurts. However, after 2-3 minutes everything passes.
Like other methods, ozone therapy improves cell-cell metabolism, removes excess fluid, accelerates lymph flow, and contributes to getting rid of cellulite.
The course of ozone therapy will require 8-14 sessions with an interval of 3-4 days between them. The total number of procedures is determined by the doctor and it depends on the stage of cellulite and the physique of the patient.
This service of beauty salons, such as exposure of the body and face to extremely low temperatures (up to -160 ° C), is very much in demand.With the help of cryotherapy, you can eliminate the visible manifestations of cellulite, lose weight, remove excess water, bring muscles to tone, correct minor imperfections of the face and body: acne, inflammation, small wrinkles, dull color.
Depending on the problem, you can choose the most suitable type of cryotherapy:
- Cryosauna - has an effect of cold on the whole body at once. Its duration is only 2 minutes, but this time is enough to feel the effect of the procedure;
- Cryomassage - is used when you need a local effect on a certain part of the body;
- Cryoelectrophoresis is the subcutaneous injection of frozen medicinal preparations under a pulsating current, after which they begin to thaw out under the action of body temperature.
Measures for the prevention of cellulite is almost not different from how to deal with it. This is proper nutrition, physical activity and appropriate cosmetic body care.
What exactly needs to be done in order not to see orange peel on your thighs and buttocks?
- Control nutrition: it must be complete, moderate and balanced.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try not to gain extra pounds.
- Lead an active lifestyle.
- More often to be in the fresh air and try to relax actively.
- To refuse from bad habits.
- Twice a year to conduct massage courses or wraps.
- Daily use moisturizer or firming body cream.
- Avoid frequent wearing uncomfortable shoes or clothing.
It is more difficult to get rid of cellulite than usual fat deposits. In order for the body to please you with its smoothness, you need to solve this problem from all sides. Having corrected nutrition and having started regular physical exercise, do not forget about such methods as massage, wraps, aromatherapy, mesotherapy and many others. A little perseverance and the desired goal will definitely be achieved!
Video: how to get rid of cellulite in a week