The content of the article
Quartzvinyl tile is a material used in construction that has recently appeared on the market. Specialists in repair and decoration of such tiles is of constant interest, which is due to the fact that this coating has all the important qualities and meets the requirements that are set for flooring.
The quartz vinyl tile is a material of several layers:
- The basis is a polyvinyl chloride layer, allowing to ensure a reliable fit of the tile to the floor.
- Reinforcing element - glass fiber.
- Quartz and vinyl, performing the role of the main layer. Allow not only to achieve high strength tiles, but also good thermal insulation.
- From above the tile becomes covered by a decor with various patterns.
- To protect the tile from mechanical stress, the extreme layer is made of a polyurethane coating with aluminum oxide. It also allows you to make the coating non-slip.
In the composition there is a number of other materials, certainly natural and safe from the point of view of ecology. Japan is considered the country where this floor covering is originally produced.
Advantages of coverage
Many people rate this coating based on its high level of durability and incredible resistance to wear. In addition, due to the presence in the composition of polyvinyl chloride, the material has a natural warmth. Many buyers point out in reviews that this tile is more pleasant to the touch than ceramic.
The idea of the advantages of this material used in construction provides the opportunity to choose this tile, so we’ll dwell on its advantages:
- This material is very durable.
- The tile is durable, can last up to fifteen years.
- Differs in wear resistance. Maintains various mechanical influences due to a layer with protection. If individual fragments are still damaged, their replacement is not difficult.
- The tile can be placed over a warm floor.
- This material is resistant to abrasion and action.chemicals.
- It has noise insulation capacity and high level of sound insulation.
- Resistant to moisture. The tile well maintains influence of steam, water, therefore, it can be applied to creation of a floor covering in kitchen, a balcony or a bathroom. The surface of the material is not subject to the appearance of mold or fungi.
- The surface is non-slip, reducing the risk of accidental injury.
- The tile can be changed without a general dismantling process, as it sometimes happens with linoleum and other materials used in construction.
- When using the material is well kept warm.
- It copes well with temperature extremes.
- The material is natural and environmentally friendly, as evidenced by an international certificate of high quality.
- The process of laying tiles is very simple and easy, which saves on installation work. If the tile has a castle bond, then you can not use glue.
- It has the ability to self-extinguish, good resistance to the effects of fire.
- An extensive range of textures of the material that allows you to achieve a good imitation of many different materials.
- The material is antistatic, does not conduct electricity.
Important! The composition of quartz vinyl tile does not contain phenolic resins and melamine, which makes it completely safe not only for people but also for pets.
Despite the impressive list of positives, quartz-vinyl tile is not without some disadvantages. Knowledge of the negative aspects of this material makes it possible to finally make the right decision when choosing a coating. In the list of cons of coverage:
- Despite the fact that quartz-vinyl tile is considered to be a completely safe coating, it incorporates a number of substances that make it difficult to consider it a natural material.
- Although the resistance to mechanical damage at the tile is very high, but too heavy furniture can leave unpleasant dents on it, in particular, they can appear from the furniture legs.
- Before you begin the process of laying the flooring, it is important to pay a lot of attention to the floor surface. Any irregularities, cracks or flaws in the base will be noticeable after the product has been laid.
- The material reacts poorly to exposure to ultraviolet rays,which turns into a slow burnout of those fragments of tiles that are under the influence of direct rays of the sun.
- Different manufacturing companies produce tiles with different dimensions, therefore, it is important to pay attention to buying material from only one company.
This list allows you to understand that the disadvantages in comparison with the positive sides are not too significant. So, if you want to add aesthetics and beauty to the flooring, but there is no way to spend money on a laminate with its own negative sides, a quartz vinyl tile will be a great option.
Quartzvinyl tiles with different sizes, textures, shapes, or shades of colors are available for sale. Such diversity is necessary in order to satisfy all customer needs. But the main criterion for distinguishing tiles is the method of its installation. There are three different types of coating installation:
- Installation, which uses specially designed for this glue.
- Mounting provided by locking fastenings on tiles.
- Self-adhesive tiles, when laying it is necessary to remove the protective film on the inside of the tile and glue it firmly to the floor.
Also, quartz vinyl tile is divided into different classes according to the level of abrasion. To use the tile for installation in the apartment, it is desirable to use the material class - 31-33. This choice will ensure the safety of the flooring for 11-15 years. If you use tiles for installation in the hallway or work offices, schools and universities - it is important to pay attention to the tiles of the 34th class. Such coatings have high resistance to constant loads, therefore, durability is much greater.
Foundation preparation process
It is easy enough to mount a quartz vinyl tile, the process does not cause any particular difficulties and it can be done by hand. It is only important to pay attention to the fact that the base is prepared for laying as qualitatively as possible, carefully and carefully - this was mentioned in the list of negative sides of the tile. The following surface options are suitable for mounting this material:
- wooden coating;
To lay tiles on concrete, it is necessary to clean and eliminate various flaws and defects, to perform priming the base. It is necessary to ensure that the surface was as perfect and smooth as possible, without cracks and drops. Mounting the coating is required when the screed is completely dry. You will also need to eliminate almost the entire volume of dust particles, which can be on the base, so that the effect of strength when gluing is much higher.
If the surface for the installation of tiles is made of wood, then the requirements are exactly the same as in the case of concrete. Only by all means it will be necessary to eliminate any gaps that may be between the plywood sheets. Also, if there are nail or screw caps in the coating, they will need to be sanded. To protect the tree from moisture and subsequent decay, it is necessary to use a biocidal mixture for impregnating the floor.
After the surface is completely ready for the subsequent installation of quartz vinyl coating, you can begin the direct installation.
Material laying process
The algorithm that makes it possible to qualitatively lay the classic square quartz-vinyl tile looks as follows:
- Initially, you need to properly mark the base for laying tiles. For the implementation of this stage, you will need to use any means at hand: a pencil, a pen, a coated cord. The result of the markup is a point in the center of the room, which will be the starting point for the installation of the tile.
- The glue used at installation is applied on the basis, then it is necessary to wait about thirty minutes before it dries. The laying process must be started from the central part of the room or from the entrance to the room.
- The lines that appeared on the floor after marking make it possible to fully and thoroughly control how correctly this process is carried out.
- After the tile has been completely laid on the base, it will be necessary to use a roller in order to eliminate excess air.
- Many manufacturing companies put the necessary marks on the seamy side of the cover, which can be used to navigate in which direction to continue laying.
- All the tiles that are stacked after the previous one, it is important to dock with each other to prevent the occurrence of gaps and gaps.
- If after installation of the tile remains an excess of glue, it can be eliminated by applying ethyl alcohol. You can navigate through the freshly laid coating almost immediately, but you can install furniture into the room only after a few days. Washing and any water procedures with the floor is allowed only 5 days after the installation has been completed.
You can also specify a number of recommendations to help simplify the styling process and make it more qualitative:
- The temperature of the base on which the tile is laid should not fall below fifteen degrees.
- Tile it is important to glue exactly butt.
- When the density of the tiles to each other, you should not overly compress them.
As a result, it can be said that the quartz-vinyl-based tile is a great option to upgrade the flooring. Considering the impressive list of positive aspects of the material, minor minus tiles can be thrown aside, therefore, such building material is currently in great demand in many states, including Russia.
With proper approach to the laying and operation of tiles, this floor will be able to serve you for up to fifteen years, and all this time will please the eye with a beautiful appearance.
Video: quartz tiles - a review of the material