The content of the article
Garlic is a famous vegetable that is popular in many countries around the world. Data on its use in food are rooted in ancient times. At the very beginning, when it began to be used for food, it was consumed only fresh. Much later, they began to use garlic in dried and pickled form.
If the product is fresh, then it has a sharp peculiar smell. But in pickled garlic, it is softer. It remains the same crunchy, but it does not have a sharp smell in this form. Despite the fact that garlic is subjected to additional processing, all the useful substances in it are saved almost in full.
The composition of garlic is presented in a wide variety. Nature clearly did not stint when she endowed this vegetable with various chemical elements.They can be found not only in the teeth themselves, but also in the green part of the plant. Some simply love pickled arrows of garlic, complementing various dishes.
All substances in garlic are represented by the following groups:
- Phytoncides. Oh, and do not like their various harmful microbes. The number of phytoncides in garlic is so great that in this regard, only onions can perhaps compete with it. Using representatives of this group of substances, garlic creates a reliable barrier to infections. It is not for nothing that during the period of the flu epidemic it is recommended to chop the garlic in a saucer in a saucer. These substances are volatile and will fill the air in the room. In such an atmosphere, microorganisms will not coexist. Spraying in the air, they irritate the mucous membrane of the organ of vision. This explains the fact that when a person starts cutting garlic or onions, he cries. Another point of contact is the gastric mucosa. He has an annoying effect on her. Therefore, garlic should be limited or completely excluded from the diet of persons with problems with the digestive tract.
- Vitamins. Garlic contains a large amount of vitamin substances. They are similar to those that are present in other vegetables, and are necessary for the body for normal physiological reactions. Vitamin set pickled garlic will improve vision and strengthen the immune system.
- Mineral set. Without a shadow of a doubt, it can be said that it is represented in garlic with the widest range. It is not necessary to list the name of trace elements present in garlic. It's easier to say what's not here. This vegetable is especially rich in iron, manganese, zinc.
Benefit and harm
Eating garlic affects brain activity.If an excess amount enters the body of garlic, then a slowdown in mental activity can be observed. In the United States, for example, there is a formal ban on the use of garlic by pilots before flying. At the same time, for the body of garlic is a real help, as it acts as a powerful antioxidant. There is a slowdown in the formation of free radicals, thereby slowing the aging process at the intracellular level.
The use of garlic can rid the children's body of worms. But one should not give garlic to pets for this purpose. It is a toxic product for them.
Garlic and heart
This vegetable has a positive effect on heart activity. Aplicin works in such a way that it can increase blood flow. Significantly decreases the load on the walls of blood vessels. Garlic interferes with processes in which low molecular weight harmful cholesterol is deposited on the vascular wall. Vegetable can cause the occurrence of epileptic seizures, although the cause of this phenomenon has not been fully studied.Those who suffer from periodic epilepsy should not use garlic.
Garlic and pregnancy
The question of the feasibility of using garlic in pregnant women is strictly individual. There are many positive moments, but there is also a downside. During pregnancy, any woman is at risk of getting a cold. This is highly undesirable for the normal course of pregnancy. Then garlic comes to the rescue. Phytoncides contained in it, will be a barrier to infection.
During an interesting position, a woman's blood composition changes. It acquires a thicker character. No one is tempted by the prospect of defile with blue legs that became so because of a blood clot. Garlic is able to thin the blood. Therefore, in this regard, he will act as a reliable assistant. But, on the other hand, garlic can harm a pregnant woman:
- Heartburn may occur.
- Due to irritation of the gastric mucosa, problems may arise from his side.
- Garlic can cause thirst. A woman begins to consume a large amount of fluid, which can cause edema.
- Vegetable increases appetite.This circumstance is obviously negative, since the appetite at this time, as a rule, is already elevated. This can easily cause a set of extra unnecessary kilograms.
- Garlic leads to increased activity and tone of the uterus. Therefore, in the first half of pregnancy it is not recommended to use it because of the threat of miscarriage.
If the soul strongly requested pickled garlic, then, perhaps, a little bit is still allowed to eat it. After all, this vegetable has a lot of useful properties. For example, if there is a real threat to “catch” a cold, then it would be wiser to opt for garlic, rather than swallow the pills. In any case, everything should be in moderation, and before using it you should definitely consult with your doctor.
Video: useful properties of pickled garlic