The content of the article
As soon as a new life arises in the body of a future mom, a woman begins to be responsible not only for her health, but also for the growth and development of the baby in the womb. How the child will look like depends on the genes. But the health, immunity and condition of the internal organs depends largely on the lifestyle of a pregnant woman. It is very important to adhere to the rules of healthy eating, it is necessary to try to move more, it is necessary to abandon self-medication and taking prohibited drugs, be sure to exclude alcohol and cigarettes from life. In addition, you need to reconsider their attitude to herbal medicine. Broths of some plants have powerful properties, are not worse than some medicines. Therefore, before you use even the weakest and innocuous decoction, you need to know how it works.Today we will talk about mint - is it permissible to have tea with this plant during pregnancy, is there any benefit from it and how to drink mint tea so as not to harm yourself and your baby.
The benefits of mint tea during pregnancy
Everyone knows the unusual taste and powerful aroma of mint. The composition of the plant is literally amazing - it contains a lot of vitamins C and A, almost the entire palette of B vitamins. In the mint there are trace elements - iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, manganese, zinc. Mint has amino acids, essential oils, tannins, aromatic gums, phytosterols, organic acids. Peppermint is used as a sedative, bactericidal and anesthetic. Separately, it is worth mentioning that mint has phytoestrogens that affect the reproductive system of women, mint is able to relieve menstrual cramps, relieve menopause symptoms. But how does mint affect the body during pregnancy?
- Soothing. First of all, peppermint is used as a powerful sedative that replaces antidepressants and other medical sedatives. It is not only effective, but also safe natural medicine.Hormonal changes in the body of a pregnant woman lead to irritability, nervous disorders, anxiety, anxiety, panic attacks. To cope with depression and stress, you can use one cup of mint tea. Not only tea itself has a calming effect, but even its aroma - it perfectly soothes and relaxes.
- Toxicosis. The early stages of pregnancy are aggravated by toxicosis, which is manifested not only by nausea and vomiting, but also by drowsiness, apathy, and loss of strength. Mint tea will help to cope with these symptoms. Drink it without getting up in the morning, and your day will pass in a much better state of health.
- Libido. Mint tea has light aphrodisiac properties. This means that if it is consumed regularly, a woman will want intimate intimacy, which cannot have a positive impact on her relationship with her husband. This is really important, because during pregnancy, the libido of many women decreases.
- From dizziness. Headache during pregnancy occurs quite often. It is associated with anemia, toxicosis, hypotension and other problems in the body. Mint tea will help to rule with weakness and dizziness, in half an hour after drinking a mug you will feel much easier.
- With a cold. During pregnancy, a woman’s immunity decreases, she often suffers from colds. For pharyngitis, laryngitis and tonsillitis, mint tea is used as a means to rinse the throat cavity. Mint well disinfects, reduces inflammation and redness, quickly anesthetizes and heals. In addition, it is much safer than many drugs prohibited during pregnancy.
- Against edema. Mint tea has a slight diuretic effect, it will help get rid of edema in the limbs, which is especially important for late pregnancy.
- For the digestive tract. Mint tea has a great effect on the intestines - it has a carminative effect. Mint tea protects against flatulence, gas and constipation.
In general, mint has a positive effect on the body of a pregnant woman, it tones and raises immunity, nourishes with all the necessary vitamins and trace elements. But is this strong decoction safe?
Can I drink mint during pregnancy?
Mint has a powerful effect, but not always mint tea can be taken during pregnancy. Here are some contraindications that should be followed.
- A large number of phytoestrogens makes tea not entirely harmless. In the early stages of pregnancy, mint can trigger a miscarriage. Therefore, up to 10-12 weeks from such tea is better to refuse or take it in minimal quantities. In addition, mint can not drink with the threat of miscarriage at any stage of pregnancy.
- Peppermint has a great effect on blood pressure, effectively reducing it. But if you suffer from hypotension, mint can aggravate your condition, you can not drink mint tea with low pressure.
- Peppermint is often used to suppress lactation in order to complete breastfeeding quickly and painlessly. That is why in the later stages of pregnancy, tea should be excluded from the diet - it can cause the woman to not have breast milk after birth or it will be critically low.
- Mint is an excellent prevention of varicose veins, however, if there is already varicose veins with painful large nodes, mint can aggravate the course of the disease.
- In cases of liver and kidney diseases, mint tea should be discarded.
Remember that during pregnancy, regular consumption of any product and drug should be negotiated with your doctor.doctor, especially in the presence of chronic diagnoses and features of the course of pregnancy.
How to drink mint tea during pregnancy?
Mint during pregnancy is a great way to get rid of annoying nausea. If you do not always have the opportunity to drink tea, carry mint sweets or fresh mint leaves that you can just chew on. This will help you quickly regain your strength and bring the body into shape.Peppermint is an effective and safe remedy, especially if you continue to work and have not yet passed a decree. Use the mint correctly and be able to get from the plant only benefit!
Video: how to make tea with mint and apple