The content of the article
Dried fruits are useful for all categories of citizens, newly-made moms on breastfeeding are no exception. Such a product is endowed with natural substances that have a positive effect on the body of a woman and an infant. Therefore, when asked if the dried fruit is allowed, the answer is definitely there. Yes, it is possible, and even necessary! Let's learn all the subtleties and rules of admission. We also give the recipe of compote and the types of dried fruit that can be consumed with HB.
Composition and useful qualities of dried fruits
The main value of the discussed raw materials is that there are a lot of dietary fibers in dried fruits. They are responsible for the activities of the digestive system, therefore they prevent constipation and problems with the assimilation of food (a common problem of nursing women).But in such a matter it is very important not to overeat, otherwise the baby may experience a disorder in the chair.
If we proceed from the opinion of experts, it is useful to eat dates, dried apricots, raisins, this is a traditional trio. Allowed dried rosehip in the form of compote, apples and pears, prunes. These varieties help to enhance lactation, improve the quality of milk, put in order the mother's psyche.
Practically all dried fruits concentrate organic acids, dietary fibers, mineral-vitamin complex and many (!) Saccharides in their composition. Because of the inclusion of carbohydrates should not overeat.
It is not necessary to mistakenly assume that it is possible to consume useful fruits immensely. Per day it is allowed to eat no more than 3 pieces of dried apricot, 2 dates, half of zhmeni raisins. All dried fruits, except dried apricots, are consumed after the main meal.
Now about vitamins and mineral compounds. Dried fruits are rich in phosphorus, iron, magnesium, manganese, calcium, and potassium. Of the vitamins, an honorable place is given to group B, ascorbic acid, tocopherol with retinol, and vitamin K.
Such an extensive list is important for the newly-made mommy, because it helps maintain immunity,improves digestion, relieves stress on the heart and kidneys, improves cognitive abilities, enhances metabolic processes.
Putting dried fruit in the diet
- Compotes and teas are prepared on the basis of dried raw materials. They are allowed to enter into the everyday menu after a couple of weeks following delivery. Dried fruits themselves are introduced into the diet in about a month (sometimes earlier).
- You should not immediately pounce on a large number of dried fruits or eat several varieties at the same time. Start with one thing, gradually increasing the volume and watching the reaction of the child.
- If a child has no adverse reaction, an increase in the amount is allowed. In case of undesirable consequences, a certain type of dried fruit is excluded from the menu for at least a month.
- In most cases, almost all dried fruits are digested quickly and do not cause allergies. But their overeating can lead to colic, gas, pain in the abdomen of a baby.
Allowed to receive dried fruits
- Raisins. The leader among the available varieties. Dried grapes accumulate a lot of mineral substances necessary for the correct formation of the musculoskeletal system of the child.We are talking about phosphorus and calcium, which in combination are an ideal duet. Raisin is useful because it improves the activity of the heart of a woman, controls the indicators of pressure and eliminates jumps.
- Apples / Pears. Universal type of dried fruit and relatively safe to receive newly-made moms. On the basis of apples with pears, tea and compotes are often prepared. But they are also allowed to be taken in dried form. It contains a lot of iron, magnesium and potassium. A positive feature is that the child rarely has an allergy.
- Prunes It is considered a record holder in the accumulation of dietary fiber, therefore it perfectly cleans the intestinal tract from stagnation and prevents slowing down the metabolism. Enhances the digestibility of food, eliminates the fermentation of food in the esophagus. It is an excellent remedy for constipation in the mother and digestive problems in the child.
- Dried apricots. It is recommended to eat it before a meal, so that the food in the process of reception is absorbed easier and faster. Thus, the newly-made mummy will not feel heavy, eats a moderate amount, and saturates the body with the missing mineral-vitamin complex.
- Dates. In the process of receiving dried fruit of this type, milk production increases significantly. Therefore, in case of problems with lactation, it is necessary to include dates in the menu. They also have a lot of potassium, good for the heart.
Rules for taking dried fruit
- Dried fruits are allowed to enter into the daily diet from 2-3 weeks after birth. Compotes can be drunk after 7-9 days from the beginning of breastfeeding. Such products will be an excellent addition to the diet. In addition, dried fruits are considered hypoallergenic.
- If you are only going to introduce such products in the diet, do it gradually. First, eat a certain type of dried fruit for several days. Watch the reaction of your own body and baby. If the child has not revealed problems with digestion, and there is no allergy, you can continue to eat the product.
- If the body's reaction to the composition manifested itself in a negative way, it is mandatory to postpone the consumption of dried fruit for about 1 month. After that it is allowed to repeat the procedure. It is forbidden to try several types of products at once. Observe intervals of several days.
- It is mandatory to observe the daily rate of raw materials, it is prohibited to overeat with similar compounds. Otherwise, you can face quite serious problems. Dried fruits can develop a strong allergic reaction or individual intolerance.
- Products can greatly harm the baby. The child will significantly increase gas and colic. Always when buying dried fruit look at the expiration date and composition. Inspect the package for integrity. The best option, of course, would be self-drying fruit. Add the composition in cereal and other dishes.
Dried fruits compote
- To prepare a delicious compote does not necessarily have the skills of the chef, you also do not need many components. It is enough to take raisins, apples, prunes, lemon and 120 gr. Sahara. Before use, pour dried boiled water over dried fruit.
- Take only the zest from the lemon. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and pour in 2 liters. purified water. It will take about 400g. dried fruits. Boil compote after boiling for about 12 minutes. Leave the drink to infuse for about 2-3 hours.If you have a craving for sweets, give preference to dried fruits.
Dried fruits are of great value for the representatives of the weaker sex who breastfeed the baby. In the absence of contraindications, such products can strengthen the body of the mother and baby to the full. The main thing is to follow simple instructions. In case of any deviations, immediately consult a specialist.
Video: the benefits and harms of dried fruit