The content of the article
Sea buckthorn is known from ancient times due to its incredible healing properties. The unique properties of this berry allow using it not just in cooking, but also in folk and even official medicine for the treatment and prevention of many diseases. What is useful for sea buckthorn pregnant women, what vitamins and macro elements are included in its composition, and why you should pay attention to the sea buckthorn oil?
Sea buckthorn: features of the berry
Sea buckthorn is a small tree or shrub with bright orange oval-shaped fruits. The berries have a neutral sour taste, and their flavor is somewhat reminiscent of pineapple. Sea buckthorn grows in Siberia, the Caucasus, Moldova and Ukraine.
In medicine, they use not only berries, but also the twigs and leaves of the plant.The cortex has a high content of serotonin, which is necessary for the performance of all processes in the central nervous system. It also reduces the risk of developing oncology. From the young branches and leaves of sea buckthorn brew tea, which is especially useful for anemias and exhaustion.
The unique properties of sea buckthorn
The beneficial effects of berries on the body depends on its composition. Let us dwell on it in more detail:
- Sea buckthorn is an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids: omega 3 (from 2 to 6%), omega 6 (from 12 to 16%) and omega 9 (from 9 to 13%). Omegas perform many important functions during pregnancy: they improve blood circulation between the maternal organism and the placenta, contribute to the proper development of the embryo, and reduce the risk of preeclampsia in the third trimester.
- The bright orange color of sea buckthorn is associated with a high concentration of carotenoids. These are the precursors of vitamin A, the importance of which during pregnancy is difficult to overestimate. It participates in metabolic processes, is indispensable for the proper formation of the placenta, contributes to the development of the respiratory, nervous and circulatory system of the fetus.Sea buckthorn oil is the absolute flagship among all vegetable oils in terms of the percentage of carotenoids.
- It consists of 18 amino acids, including lysine, phenylalanine, histidine. These are the fundamental compounds that affect the tabulation of all organs and systems of the child. Amino acids are very often prescribed as a separate complex in case of severe toxicosis.
- In sea buckthorn there are almost all the B vitamins, including folic acid, without which a healthy pregnancy is impossible. It is necessary to lay the neural tube, eliminates the likelihood of multiple malformations of the fetus.
- Large amounts of sea buckthorn and tocopherols (vitamin E). It is considered a very strong antioxidant that protects the body not only from free radicals, but also viral and bacterial infections. Sea buckthorn oil contains more oil than any other vegetable oil, including wheat germ oil, which is considered to be a good source of tocopherols.
- Vitamin D, which is present in the sea buckthorn, is responsible for the conversion of mineral components and, in combination with calcium, is necessary for the normal formation of the skeleton and the teeth of a child.
- Sea buckthorn contains over 27 minerals, including magnesium, iron, sodium, manganese, zinc and boron.
- Sea buckthorn strengthens blood vessels and improves the overall metabolism.
Sea buckthorn treatment
Since it is desirable for pregnant women to refuse many medications, they can be replaced by naturopathic counterparts that do not adversely affect the body. So, sea buckthorn is useful for:
- inflammation of the mucous membranes;
- chronic exacerbations of the upper respiratory tract;
- gum disease;
- neurodermatitis, scaly deprive and burns;
- dermatitis, skin cracks and abrasions (after treatment of the skin with sea buckthorn oil, scars are not formed on it).
Proceeding from such a rich composition, it is desirable for women in the position to add sea buckthorn berries to their diet. But before that you need to make sure that there are no contraindications.
Sea buckthorn should not be used in the case of:
- individual allergic reaction;
- inflammation of the gallbladder;
- chronic pancreatic diseases;
- hyperacid gastritis.
Sea buckthorn when breastfeeding
If a woman ate sea buckthorn during pregnancy and did not notice any negative reactions, it can be returned to the diet one month after delivery. Vitamins, organic acids and macronutrients entering it will be fed to the baby through breast milk.
Scope of sea buckthorn oil
The healing effect on the body is different and sea buckthorn oil. Diligent manufacturers make it using cold-pressing technology, avoiding alkali processing and extraction. Sea buckthorn oil made in this way is considered to be the most valuable in nutritional and medicinal value. It contains all the essential vitamins that easily penetrate into the cells.
If you have a sore throat, take 5-7 ml of sea buckthorn oil (a full teaspoon) for 200 mm of water at room temperature and rinse the tonsil with this composition. You can moisten cotton wool turundum in sea buckthorn oil and treat them inflamed areas.
Perfectly cope with sea buckthorn and runny nose. In the first days of nasal congestion, you need to drip a few drops in each nasal passage with the frequency with which you feel comfortable.You can and put in the nose cotton bundles dipped in sea buckthorn oil.
Many pregnant women suffer from redness and skin rashes. Sea buckthorn oil perfectly cope with this problem. Enough a couple of times a day to lubricate their face. Those who suffer from excessively dry skin can combine 15 ml of sea buckthorn oil with the yolk of one egg and one coffee spoon of honey. The resulting mixture should be evenly applied to the face and leave for 10 minutes. The systematic use of such a mask will help get rid of shallow wrinkles, provide the skin with a well-groomed look.
Sea buckthorn oil is a very effective tool in the fight against stretch marks. To prevent their occurrence and reduce the existing ones, you need to lubricate the damaged skin with a thin layer of natural oil. It has a high regenerating activity, nourishes and softens the epithelium.
In the case of aggravated gastritis, it is necessary to drink a teaspoon of sea buckthorn oil half an hour before meals before each full meal. One of its properties is the protection of the epithelium. And in combination with antibacterial activity, the oil inhibits the growth of pathogenic microflora, which provoke diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Sea buckthorn oil has a very expressive taste and aroma. In cooking, it is added to pastries, due to which it acquires a characteristic golden hue and a sweetish aroma. It can also be used for salad dressing, as the basis of a sauce for meat and fish dishes. Sea buckthorn oil is perfectly combined with other vegetable oils, making the taste of dishes original.
Pregnant women need to add healing sea buckthorn oil to their diet. Its price does not hit the budget, and in fact you will get a good source of flavonoids, phospholipids and organic acids, which are not found in all foods.
Video: health benefits of sea buckthorn