The content of the article
Lips are considered one of the most gentle and sensitive parts of the human body. There are many nerve endings on the lips, the skin on the lips is very thin and vulnerable. That is why tightened and weathered lips bring us so much discomfort. Most often, the lips become chapped in the fall or in the winter, when we subject them to temperature changes. In some cases, we ourselves may be guilty of this condition of the lips when we use poor-quality cosmetics. In this article we will try to figure out how and why lips become chapped, what to do about it and how to return moisture and sensuality to lips.
Why lips become chapped
Here are some factors and conditions that may be the cause of chapped lips.
- People say that the lips become chapped if kissing in the wind. There is some truth in this - the airflow and moisture on the lips will immediately lead to a feeling of tightness. Therefore, you need to get rid of the habit of biting and licking his lips on the street.
- Often the lips become chapped at sudden changes in temperature when we go into a heated room from the cold or, conversely, from the heat of the street we get into air-conditioned space.
- Very often the lips dry in winter, but not because of the frost, but because of the dried air in the rooms. In winter, heating works with might and main, the radiators dry the air very much, the humidity decreases, due to this the lips also dry out.
- Very often the lips become chapped, stiffened and flaky with vitamin deficiency. Most often affects the lack of vitamins A, B and E, which are responsible for the elasticity of the skin. This happens in the spring when the body is depleted by the lack of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Lips can wear out with a cold and any other long-term diseases that are accompanied by nasal congestion.
- In some cases, dryness and reddening of the lips can be the result of an allergic reaction to toothpaste, poor quality or expired cosmetics, and food products.
It is very important to know the cause of the chapped lips, because in one case the lips themselves need to be treated, and in the other one the provoking factor should be changed in the form of dry air or beriberi.
How to treat chapped lips
Here are a few tricks, tips and tricks to help you cure your weathered and tight lips.
- Do not lick your lips! It is necessary to get rid of this bad habit as soon as possible. To do this, paint your lips with bright lipstick, so smoothly that you feel sorry for spoiling a similar beauty. Buy scarlet lipstick to get rid of this obsessive habit.
- Use hygienic lipstick. In a cosmetics store, choose a quality lipstick so that it constantly nourishes lips with vitamins and healthy oils. Do not use cheap analogues - they are made on the basis of paraffin, which closes the access of oxygen and only aggravates the situation.
- Protect your lips! In the summer in extreme heat and in the winter with a strong frost, the lips need enhanced protection. Use special protective lipsticks that will protect the delicate skin of the lips from ultraviolet radiation (with a high level of SPF) and low temperatures. In addition, wear wide-brimmed hats in the summertime; in the winter, hide your lips in scarves and jacket collar.
- Do a massage. To enhance blood circulation in the area of the lips, you need to regularly massage them.To do this, take a sponge or toothbrush and gently walk your lips from one corner to another. A rush of blood will help renew cells and tissues. With a daily massage, the lips will become tender and smooth after a week.
- Exfoliate. To remove the top dead skin layer of dead scales from the skin, you need to make a peeling. Take any scrub that you have at home. If there is no scrub, you can do it yourself. Mix a pinch of sugar with a little lemon juice and olive oil. Take a little mixture and gently rub it over your lips. Citric acid gently corrodes old skin, sugar clears off scaly areas, and oil softens the scrub effect and gives skin nourishment.
- Vitamins A and E. If the body, and in particular the skin, lacks vitamins, use these vitamins externally. In the pharmacy you need to buy vitamin A and E in ampoules, mix them and pour into a small glass bottle. Smear lips cooked composition in the morning and evening.
- Refusal of harmful cosmetics. If you have very sensitive skin of the lips, the choice of cosmetics should be approached very carefully.Do not choose lipstick, which includes paraffin, glycerin, alcohol or menthol - these compounds are quite aggressive.
- Hyalouran acid. This component is considered the most natural and useful, buy hyalouranic acid based lipstick.
- Pharmaceutical ointment. Use medicines that will help you normalize the water balance of your lips. Panthenol contributes to the speedy regeneration of skin cells, it heals injuries, improves skin elasticity and makes it softer. It works very well hormonal ointment Hydrocartisone. It relieves inflammation and irritation, heals wounds, relieves peeling and reduces swelling. Hydrocartisone is also effective in food allergies. Another ointment that may be useful to you is Cycoderma. It is a safe drug based on medicinal extracts. Ointment eliminates puffiness, heals deep cracks in the corners of the lips, protects against the unpleasant feeling of tightness.
- Vitamins inside. Be sure to take multivitamin complexes in winter and spring, when there is not enough fresh fruit and vegetables. At other times, lean on fresh greens, season salads with natural oils, drink fish oil. This will help you saturate the body with vitamins A, B and E.
These simple rules and recommendations will help you keep the beauty and femininity of your lips.
Homemade masks to moisturize the skin of the lips
If you could not keep your lips in perfect shape, they look tight, weathered and flaky, you need to go to rehabilitation measures as soon as possible.
- Cosmetic oils. In any bottle of cosmetic oil contains a large amount of vitamin E. To moisturize the skin, you can use sesame, hemp, lavender or olive oil. Very well heals and relieves inflammation of sea buckthorn oil. Just put a drop of oil on the skin and let it soak in, and after half an hour wipe off the remnants of paper with a paper napkin.
- Honey. Honey itself has a powerful healing and soothing effect. Just smear honey lips and do not lick them at least half an hour! Then an effective medicine can be eaten.
- Sour cream. Lips can be restored quickly with the help of sour cream, which contains a lot of fat that nourishes the epidermis. Apply a high-fat sour cream on the skin and let it soak.
- Egg. The egg yolk contains a large amount of nutritional components,which moisturize the skin of the lips and restore their water balance. Apply fresh yolk to lips and leave to dry completely. Then the mask should be washed off and fix the result with any nutritious cream or oil.
- Chamomile and butter. This is an old, rustic way to quickly cure dry and cracked skin. A small amount of butter should be melted and thrown into it chamomile inflorescences, keep the composition in a water bath for about half an hour. Then the mixture must be drained, poured into a small bottle and refrigerated. After curing, you need to spread their lips - the skin will change in 2-3 applications.
It is not difficult to reanimate lips, you just need to look into the kitchen and choose the most delicious and useful ingredient for treatment.
To keep your lips from getting sunburned, you need to take care of them. Protect lips in aggressive weather conditions - skin is afraid of salty sea water, ultraviolet radiation, wind and frost. Do not lick lips on the street, use balms and hygienic lipsticks, use only high-quality cosmetics and avoid allergens. If you have a cold, you should start treatment in a timely manner and be sure to use vasoconstrictor dropsspray to open nasal breathing. Ventilate the room and moisten the air, eat balanced. Follow these simple rules and you will be able to keep your lips soft and smooth for years to come.
Video: how to restore the skin of the lips in 24 hours