The content of the article
Nightshade Black belongs to the annual plants belonging to the family of the nightshade. Here, for example, you can also include a tomato. This family includes a large number of representatives, of which there are more than 2,600 species. While it is impossible to say exactly what the birthplace of Nightshade.
Sometimes a plant in height can reach one meter. For him, a characteristic stem with erect. It has a large number of branches that have a bluish-purple color. The leaves are dark green with jagged edges. The flowers are half-umbrellas. The diameter of the ripe fruit reaches 1 cm. They are shiny, with the presence of a thin skin. Pronounced originality is different in their taste, in which there is a slight bitterness. The plant has other popular names, for example, it is called a witch berry.
Components and Calorie Indicators
The plant has a unique nutritional value. Calorie values are zero with a complete lack of fat and protein substances. In very small amounts contain carbohydrates. Berries can be eaten as much as you like, but it is unlikely that you will be able to grow fat. Many useful substances are concentrated inside the berry:
- Rutin Under his influence, the vessels are relaxed, which were previously subjected to spasm. It is able to reduce the performance of both arterial and intracranial pressure. Rutin provides heart rate stabilization and eliminates signs of inflammation. Under his influence, the processes by which histamine is produced are inhibited.
- Carotene. There is a slowdown in age-related changes. It prevents the occurrence of malignant neoplasms and promotes the formation of bone tissue.
- Ascorbic acid. Its undoubted role in strengthening the immune system. Participates in the reactions of oxidation and reduction.
- Calcium. It is the main component of the bone structure. Takes part in the stabilization of impulse conductivity,leads to normalization of muscle contractility.
- Magnesium. Under his influence, like a clock, a system of urine excretion and digestion works. In collaboration with calcium, it participates in the strengthening of inert tissue.
- Manganese. This mineral stabilizes lipid-carbohydrate metabolism. Under his influence, the thyroid gland improves its work.
This is an incomplete list of the useful components of the Paslen black. Other substances include:
- Sahara. Form the body's energy reserves. However, they can lead to an increase in blood glucose levels.
- Glycoalkaloids. They have a pronounced anesthetic and sedative effect. They help to increase blood clotting. However, it is possible that with their admission intoxication may develop. They include a dangerous poison called solanine. But it is present only in unripe berries. When they mature, it is destroyed.
- Representatives of the organic acid series. They provide the normal course of the processes associated with blood formation. As they enter the body, the characteristics of the vascular wall strength increase, harmful cholesterol dissolves, and toxins are removed.But their accumulation in the body is fraught with the development of dizziness and undesirable manifestations on the part of the digestive tract.
- Tannins. Possess astringent and anti-inflammatory effects. Under their influence decreases intestinal and gastric peristalsis. 10% of the plant contains tannin.
- Glycosides. Their action is based on the expansion of blood vessels. One of the actions is to improve expectoration of sputum. Under their influence, the reproduction of pathogenic microflora is inhibited. A large number contains saponins.
The most dangerous substance that can be found in black nightshade is dulcamarine. On the one hand, it increases the body's defense, and on the other, it can provoke the development of a state associated with respiratory failure.
Eat only fully ripe berries. But for medical purposes, unripe fruits, deciduous and root parts of the plant are used. Useful properties of a plant are shown in the following qualities:
- Due to the sedative effect, normalization of nervous activity is performed.
- The work of the heart comes in order.Tachycardia is eliminated, stabilization of the heart rhythm is observed.
- The plant has a pronounced antimicrobial effect. It is effective against bacterial and viral microflora, is active against some fungi.
- It has a moderate diuretic effect.
- It contributes to increased sweating, which reduces the temperature.
- Eliminates problems with spasms of the respiratory muscles.
- Eliminates signs of inflammation, prevents the development of cell malignancy processes.
- Reduces the indicators associated with peripheral arterial pressure, inhibits the development of atherosclerotic phenomena.
- Suppresses pain associated with rheumatism and arthritis.
- Relieves rhinitis and chronic antritis.
- It has a choleretic effect, leads to the stimulation of the production of enzyme substances necessary for the normal course of digestion processes.
You can not eat unripe berries. The less their degree of maturity, the greater the content of toxic substances in them. Mild poisoning is accompanied by minor symptoms associated with sore throat, hypersalivation, symptoms associated with diarrhea.More serious poisoning is accompanied by severe symptoms, which sometimes becomes life-threatening. In this case, immediate medical intervention is required.
The use of black nightshade is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Hepatic pathology of chronic nature and pancreas.
- The phenomenon of flatulence, a tendency to diarrhea.
- You can not use the berry hypotonia.
Since the product is a pronounced allergy provocateur, it should not be used by persons prone to the occurrence of allergic reactions.
How to use?
Picking berries is simple, because their growth implies the presence of clusters. Begin to collect them in the middle of summer and continue to do so until late autumn. Stalks should be removed because they are toxic. You can prepare berries for future use. They are dried, they make jam or make compotes. When dried, fruits can retain their beneficial properties for up to 8 years.
Black nightshade cake
As usual, you must first prepare the dough. But this option involves several other actions. Start with the filling. For cooking use only ripe berries.They must be mixed with sugar in a 1: 1 ratio. A quarter of an hour stand exposure. It is necessary to highlight the juice. The mixture is boiled using slow fire. In this case, the berries need to constantly stir. Otherwise, they just burn. The composition takes on a purple color and is somewhat similar to blueberry jam.
Next, prepare the dough. It is made on kefir. For its preparation will require:
- flour - 3 cups;
- vegetable oil - the fifth part of a glass;
- kefir - 1 cup;
- Baker's yeast - 1 bag;
- salt and sugar - according to taste preferences.
Cooking Canadian Jam
A syrup is prepared from two kilograms of sugar. It is prepared not with water, but with the juice of one lemon.After the syrup is ready, pure black nectarine berries are placed in it in an amount of two kilograms. When the composition boils, it is removed from the fire and completely cooled. Then again bring to a boil. This is done 4-5 times. The final chord is the addition of the juice of two lemons. At the very end, add a couple of mint leaves.
In conclusion, I would like to remind once again that only berries of full maturity should be eaten. Otherwise, the trouble simply can not be avoided.
Video: black nightshade (Solánum nígrum)