The content of the article
The concern of a woman during gestation and breastfeeding is fully justified. She takes care of her child, since at this stage the baby is completely dependent on the mother. A woman has to completely control her nutrition, to delve into the features and value of each eaten product for a small, developing organism. Every day the question arises - is it better to abstain? A nursing mother is particularly concerned about this in the period of the development of the work of the gastrointestinal tract of a newborn and its settlement with useful microflora. It is important not to influence their changes in diet on the quality of lactation.
Kashi - a necessary product in the diet of each person. Often they are the main component of the diet.They are rich in fiber, participating in the body's metabolic processes. Varieties of porridge a lot, they differ in structure and properties. That is why a woman in lactation has a serious task - to make the right choice. Moreover, for each porridge has its own contraindications.
Why a nursing woman should pay attention to the corn grits. How is it good for your health?
The Use of Corn Porridge
- Strengthens the barrier function of the body. Strengthens the immune system.
- It slows down the aging process in the body, prevents the formation of wrinkles and skin wilting.
- Improves the digestive system. Improves the vital activity of beneficial microflora. Prevents fermentation and rotting processes in the intestines.
- It prevents digestive disorders and metabolism in the children's body.
- Positive effect on the central nervous system, improves brain function.
- Contributes to the modeling of the figure after gestation, childbirth.
- Normalizes the level of cholesterol in the blood and the work of the heart, blood vessels.
- Eliminates problems with blood pressure.
- Maintains a healthy condition of hair, skin, nails. Normalizes perspiration.Promotes mild hormonal changes in the body of a woman in the postpartum period.
- It nourishes the body with valuable substances and has a relatively low calorie content.
- Removes toxins and slags.
- Reduces blood glucose levels, reduces the absorption of sugar.
- It is the key to a good mood.
- Strengthens tooth enamel, prevents the destruction of the structure of teeth.
- It has an antitumor effect.
- Improves the structure of the blood, enriches it with iron. It is a prophylactic agent for anemia.
The above valuable properties of corn porridge due to the rich chemical composition.
The structure of cereals:
- Fats, proteins, carbohydrates.
- Vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B5, B6, B9).
- A, RE, PP, NE, Niacin, E.
- Macronutrients (potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, sodium).
- Trace elements (aluminum, zinc, chromium, boron, iron, titanium, manganese, tin, copper, nickel, molybdenum).
- Dextrins and starch.
- Disaccharides, monosaccharides.
- Essential amino acids.
- Replaceable amino acids.
Corn porridge is tasty and has a specific, pleasant aroma of boiled cobs, and it is also very useful.An important feature for mom and infant is its hypoallergenic, due to the complete absence of gluten in the croup.
Can it harm?
It is important to consider that the product contains a lot of starch, and this may be the cause of constipation in a baby. Introducing corn porridge in the mother's diet, you must carefully monitor the possible changes in the chair of the newborn. Also, porridge is contraindicated in diseases of the stomach in women or infants.
All products based on corn grits are allowed to be consumed by a woman during lactation. You can pamper yourself with cereal, popcorn, corn sticks, while boiled corn is contraindicated. It can cause exacerbation of colic, bloating, intestinal flatulence. Canned products are generally not considered for food during lactation.
How to use corn porridge during breastfeeding
It is worth noting that the key to success and getting from corn porridge the maximum result for health is the correct preparation of cereals. A lot of salt and spices are not appropriate in the mother's diet, as this can be dangerous for the child's body.Do not expose boiled porridge to roasting. The sauces brought in a dish will not bring benefit to a developing organism.
Properly cooked corn porridge is a mix of cereals (200 g) and water (1 l). A fragrant culinary product is well combined with steamed vegetables, a piece of chicken fillet or dried fruit and honey.
The introduction of a bright, sunny ingredient in the diet should begin no earlier than three months from the moment of birth of the baby, this will prevent possible side effects from consumption. It is recommended to eat corn porridge no more than twice a week, not exceeding the norm of 175 g. This proportion will allow you to replenish the body with useful substances, vitamins and minerals without causing harm to health.
It is this porridge that can be the first of the porridges introduced into the diet of the mother after the birth. This is a delicious and nutritious breakfast, if there are no obvious contraindications to use.
- Excessive nervous irritability, epilepsy, emotional instability.
- Ulcers of the digestive system. Violation of the integrity of the duodenal mucosa, small intestine, stomach.
- Painful menstrual cycle.
- Urolithiasis, renal failure, chronic kidney disease.
And even for mummies who have such contraindications, subject to the permissible norm, no more than twice a week porridge can be eaten without harm to health.
The introduction of corn porridge is not recommended for babies as the first complementary foods. It can disrupt the acid-base balance and contribute to the removal of calcium from the body of the infant. It is necessary to postpone the lure of this type of cereal at a later date, when the menu of the child will be more diverse.
Video: cooking corn porridge with milk