The content of the article
Today, kiwi is hardly a delight, because it can be purchased everywhere. Adherents of this shaggy fruit try not to miss the opportunity to eat them. Newly appeared moms who are in the breastfeeding stage are not included in the list of exceptions. Not only are they forced to abandon other favorite foods, some doctors also forbid kiwi to eat. Do not order, let's understand whether the fruit is allowed to be consumed if you are nursing a baby with breast milk.
Features of the lactation period
When the birth has already passed, the newly-made mommy needs a lot of strength to restore health and the immune system in particular. To solve this problem can be extremely useful fruits and berries, in which the list of substances is balanced to the maximum.
But before you introduce a new product in the basic nutrition, it is very important to consult with your doctor and find out if you can eat kiwi. If there is an allergy to certain components of the fetus, you will have to refuse.
Despite the fact that the daily menu of moms should be extensive and interesting, many of them limit themselves to everything, because the child often develops an allergic reaction. Usually trying to eat something again leads to the same result.
Therefore, all children's doctors in one voice say that kiwi should be eaten only after receiving an answer regarding the child’s reaction. More precisely, its absence. This applies not only to exotic, but also to ordinary domestic fruits with berries and vegetables.
The composition and properties of kiwi
The chemical list of substances is quite extensive and optimally balanced. But still there are in the composition of minerals and vitamins that can harm the baby, if the mother re-kiwi.
It should immediately be said that ascorbic acid prevails in the fetus, which is known to all as vitamin C. In simple words, it is an immune system stimulant necessary for a nursing woman who has a low immune system after birth.
When the baby is already born, the mother's hair condition deteriorates significantly.They simply fall out, there may appear bald spots that will persist until the year of the child. But Kiwi focuses tocopherol, responsible for combating alopecia and enhancing hair growth.
In the composition, there are quite a lot of retinol, otherwise called vitamin A. This substance is necessary for the beauty of the skin, which also deteriorates after childbirth.
The product is rich in potassium, a mineral compound necessary for the proper functioning of the heart muscle. Kiwi includes dietary fiber, ash and pectin substances that stabilize the activity of the esophagus. Everyone knows that lactating women suffer from constipation.
From the above, it can already be concluded that with the right approach and adjustment of the dosage, kiwi may well be included in the nutrition of women while breastfeeding. Nutrients with milk enter the body of the infant, it will have a positive effect on his health.
It is worth mentioning separately that the exotic fleecy fruit is famous for its low calorie content. Per serving 0.1 kg. only 63 units are allocated. This is not enough, so mommy can include kiwi in her diet without fear of gaining extra weight.
An interesting fact is that kiwi can be eaten even with the skin. Our compatriots do not know about it, but abroad everyone eats that way. It is good enough to rub the fruit with a kitchen sponge and can be consumed. In the peel, by the way, there are also a lot of vitamins.
Is it possible or not kiwi during lactation?
Of course, yes. Feel free to enter the fruit into the diet and carefully monitor the reaction of the body. For you, in this case, kiwi - just a pantry of the mineral-vitamin complex. But it is worth remembering forever that the fruit is among the allergens.
Kiwi can be eaten, subject to a number of conditions. If you, without being pregnant, have eaten with pleasure the fruit and often enough, then continued to eat it while carrying it, then during lactation the fruit is introduced into the menu in doses.
Another condition is that the baby should be at least 4 months old, but it is better to wait half a year and start eating kiwi from now on. Do not immediately pounce on the whole fruit, first try a piece, gradually increasing the amount.
The benefits of kiwi during lactation
- Kiwi is a fruit with emerald pulp and brown fleecy shell. The fruit was first found in New Zealand. It is in this corner of the land that local breeders brought a rather interesting fruit. The Chinese actinidia was taken as the basis.
- From kiwi you can cook whatever you like. If you decide to say goodbye to the hated kilograms, nutritionists strongly recommend consuming the fruit exclusively fresh. If the berry is subjected to heat treatment, it will bring little benefit.
- Systematic eating of fruits will soon adjust all the digestive processes in the body. If you regularly suffer from constipation, kiwi help normalize stools. In addition, the active enzymes of the fetus have a positive effect on the elasticity of blood vessels.
- Kiwi is considered an excellent product, which significantly increases the protective functions of the body. This feature is very important in the off-season and the period of beriberi. It is proved that a tropical fruit effectively fights against the "orange peel" and fat deposits in general.
- Positive qualities of the product are achieved due to the content of a large amount of ascorbicacid. Consider, after the eaten kiwi it is necessary to rinse the mouth in the necessary order. Acidic environment adversely affects tooth enamel. Children are allowed to give the fruit no earlier than 3 years.
Kiwi consumption rules
- If you correctly enter kiwi in your daily diet with breastfeeding, you can bypass most common troubles. Thus, you will not face certain problems and negative reactions.
- It is strictly forbidden to consume a tropical fruit to newly-minted moms when the baby is not yet 1 month old. After that, the kiwi must be introduced into the diet very slowly and with extreme caution and only after 3 months after delivery.
- If you rarely ate kiwi during pregnancy, and there were no problems, in this case, the risk of an allergic reaction in the baby is significantly reduced. In any case, you must take special care.
- Start product administration with a minimum portion. The first time a day is allowed to eat no more than 25 grams. the pulp. If the baby does not have any negative changes, gradually increase the portion.A day is allowed to eat no more than 2 fruits.
Kiwi is considered an excellent tropical fruit, which has a mass of nutrients. Therefore, the systematic consumption of berries in the absence of contraindications will have a positive impact on the health of the mother and baby. If in doubt, consult a specialist. The doctor will help to establish the minimum daily rate for the first time.
Video: what kind of fruit can be nursing mom?