The content of the article
A two-meter-high tree provides not only an unusually tasty fruit, but also vitamins and minerals necessary for the body. Figs can be eaten both fresh and dry. It has a beneficial effect on improving immunity and is used to prevent influenza, anemia, and vitamin deficiencies.
The breastfeeding period causes the woman to selectively approach the diet. In the first six months of breastfeeding, it is necessary to avoid introducing new dishes, or to carefully monitor each product introduced in connection with the appearance of undesirable manifestations on the baby. Full information on the timing and rules of introducing a new product to any mom will be given by a doctor - a specialist at an advisory reception.
Useful properties of figs
Fig dessert has many therapeutic and beneficial properties, especially important for nursing women:
- Effectively fights accumulated stress and depression, charges with positive energy.
- Excellent remedy for fatigue, activates the energy of the whole organism.
- Due to glucose, it has a beneficial effect on the interaction of neurons, thereby, has a stimulating effect on the brain.
- Reduces the risk of cholesterol plaque by lowering blood cholesterol.
- Used as a preventive measure to strengthen the cardiovascular system.
- Prevents thrombosis and iron deficiency anemia.
- Significantly improves the body's immune system. It has a protective effect, helping to fight viral and infectious microorganisms.
- Reduces the occurrence of pain in the oropharynx.
- It has diuretic properties, helping to remove accumulated harmful substances from the body.
- Restores the function of the digestive tract.
- Quickly heals the skin.
- It has a positive effect on the structure and growth of hair and nails.
The benefits of figs when breastfeeding is quite high. When breastfeeding the body does not have enough vitamins and minerals, from which postpartum depression, fragility of hair and nails,frequent colds, constant feeling of weakness.
Figs combined in itself all the necessary vitamins for a nursing mother: vitamins of group B, vitamin C and PP.
- Due to potassium, the vascular bed expands and relaxes. A sufficient amount of potassium in figs (up to 200 mg per 100 grams) helps to deliver oxygen to brain cells, which improves its work, and also normalizes heart rate and lowers blood pressure, and also eliminates toxins.
- Part of the sodium supports water-salt metabolism and regulates the work of the muscular system.
- Iron is also present in figs, which helps normalize thyroid function, cope with anemia and protect against pathogenic microflora.
- The fruit is also saturated with calcium. Calcium is one of the important elements for a nursing mother, and is also undoubtedly important for the proper development of the infant’s skeletal system.
- Fiber in figs helps prevent constipation after childbirth. Also, the fetus has a stimulating effect on the liver and kidneys.
The use of fruit by a nursing mother will replenish her body with beneficial vitamins and will have a positive effect on the development of the baby. By the way, various face masks are also made from figs.
Despite the benefits of figs during breastfeeding, there are some limitations to the use:
- Diabetes mellitus and impaired glucose tolerance. The fruit contains large amounts of glucose, which will affect the rise in blood sugar levels.
- Gastrointestinal diseases.
- Diseases of the pancreas - pancreatitis.
Perhaps the development of bloating and increased flatulence with a combination of fruit with other dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes).
- When breastfeeding is a prerequisite is the gradual introduction of the product. Even if during pregnancy a woman often had a fruit in the diet. Enter the amount of figs should be equal to one ficus per day.
- It is important to consume the product of a nursing mother during the daytime. Carefully monitor any negative reaction of the baby within two days (the appearance of spots, points on the skin or tearfulness).If an allergic reaction is not manifested, there is no violation of the stool - an increase in the dose of the fruit to the amount of two pieces is possible.
- If a mother notices minimal manifestations of allergy and is sure that the fruit added to the diet is to blame, she must immediately stop introducing a new product. Re-admission is possible at least one month, and in the presence of an allergic history - two or three months. As the baby gets older, during the breastfeeding period, a nursing mother will more easily introduce new foods.
- The recommended use of the product is dried fruit. Heat-treated fruit will allow you to better assimilate useful components. It is important to note that in processed figs, the sugar content is several times higher than the fresh fruit.
- Most experts advise moms to start putting figs into their diets when the baby reaches the age of three months. During this period, the baby's digestive system is normalized and ready for innovations from the mother.
- The daily dosage of fresh fruit when breastfeeding will be three pieces.
- It should be remembered the importance of meticulous washing of the fruit before use in food.
- Many nutritionists recommend using figs in combination with other products when breastfeeding. The best taste will give a combination with chicken breast or turkey. It is also added to various salads and cottage cheese casserole, thereby giving the dishes original flavor and they become more useful during breastfeeding.
Hair loss, split ends, dandruff often accompany the postnatal state of a woman, thereby driving her into anguish. Using the mask with figs, you can eliminate the accumulated problems with curls. Finely chop three fig fruits and combine with one glass of milk, let the resulting solution boil and set aside for 30 minutes.After cooling, the mask is applied to the scalp, distributed over the entire size of the hair from the roots. Be sure to cover with a warm towel, aged for an hour. Rinse the hair necessarily a little hot water. The mask helps to get shine to hair, to eliminate the split ends and to strengthen hair.
Video: what kind of fruit can be nursing mom?